We went again this year. By the time Jillian woke up from her nap and we got ready and I fed Owen it was 5pm! That turned out to be a great time to go! It was less crowded for sure! We stopped at the wooden train maker's booth to get a couple more cars for Daddy's mantle train. Then, Jillian chose her annual balloon creation -- heart flower this year. Finally, we headed over to the carnival rides. Jillian has been talking about going on the "ferrist wheel" since she saw it all set up when we were headed to Farmer's Market the other night. (By the way, according to Nicole, all of this activity in our community makes us hippies . . . huh?) So, we bought tickets and Jillian and I rode to the top of the wheel and sat there while other people were loaded into their seats. I'm feeling dizzy just thinking about it again. Jillian kept trying to lean down and look over the top of the bucket seat to yell at Daddy and Owen who were waiting oh so safely on the ground. As the wheel was spinning she would yell to Daddy each time around, "I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!" There's some audio on a video that I'll try to post that gives away who the brave one was on that ride. We went on to try several more rides. We had a lot of fun watching her enjoy the cars and roller coaster and carousel. Such a thrill-seeker! Where did she get that from???
August 15, 2009
Mountain Festival
Posted by Up On the Hill at 10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment