April 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jillian Grace!

Jillian woke up this morning at 6:25 am, walked directly past the trio of balloons her daddy left for her while she was sleeping, and brought a book in to show me. I guided her back to her room where she was excited to find three balloons -- each with a photo of herself and Daddy with a message from Daddy.
The message from Daddy reads, "Happy Birthday, Princess Tweedlebug. I love you. Love, Daddy." What? Princess??? Did you say Princess??? That gave her a great idea. Let's play dress up!
Next, I asked her what she'd like for her birthday breakfast. I expected to hear waffles, pancakes, or even some kind of sweet treat. Nope. "Toast. Eggs. Sausage. Apples." Can't argue with that balanced meal!
We spent the morning coloring and playing with blocks. I snuck away to the kitchen to pay a few bills. This is what I missed in the livingroom. Not sure where she unearthed the Christmas wrap I had stashed. Is she wrapping herself?
Then, we headed over to Albertson's to make all of her wildest dreams come true. She loves to admire those enormous helium balloons every single time we shop at the "cookie store" (they give a free cookie at the bakery). Well, today was the day. She got to choose one to hold and take home. I offered her the biggest and the best: Cinderella, Dora, butterflies, and even an Elmo balloon that sings Happy Birthday to You when you tap it! Nope. The smallest, CHEAPEST (yay), sweetest, pink, dolphin balloon was the winner. You got it kiddo! She showed it to any shopper who would stand still long enough to listen! "Birthday Balloon! Happy Birthday to You!" We also picked up some birthday ice cream while we were there which we heard about for the rest of the day.
After a refreshing nap, Jillian woke up to find Daddy home early (yay) and we let her open one of her smaller gifts. Then, before long, Grandpa and Bubbie arrived and she opened more gifts, ate her favorite meal (ska-betti, chicken, and broccoli), tried out some new toys, and topped off the evening with a cupcake and some of that ice cream that she couldn't stop thinking about.

A couple of stories with Grandpa, hugs and kisses goodnight, a piggy back ride from Daddy up the stairs, and she was off to bed. We were treated to a rousing rendition of "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" via the monitor which she successfully used to put herself to sleep.
Not a bad way to begin this next year of your life! We love you so much, Jillian! Happy Birthday to our little Princess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny~
Just wanted to leave Jillian a happy birthday greeting!!! She doesn't know us, but you can give her a hug and just say it is from a cousin!!!
Becki

Debora said...

Awww...what a fun 2nd birthday! Sounds like all her dreams came true. :) Hugs to you all!