April 18, 2008

The Princess Party


The weekend following her birthday, Jillian's Nana and Papa arrived with cousins Dominic and Yari for the party that Saturday. Jillian bossed around . . . I mean, played with the boys while Chris and his dad set up outside for the party, I put up the decorations, Chris' mom decorated the cake, and my mom and dad arrived with banners. Then, around 3pm the guests began to arrive. I think the final headcount was 20 adults and 9 kids! We had a blast! Abby brought her bounce house to share -- that was a huge hit! We also played "Pin the Horn on the Unicorn." I think that might have been more entertaining for the grown-ups than the kids. Even Aunt Whitney took a turn! Quinn got the closest! It's not a party without a piƱata. They were all done having a blindfold on, so Uncle Joshua made it interesting for the bigger boys. After that, Princess Jillian opened her presents. Wow! What a lucky little princess! Then, we had cake. Somehow, Jillian ended up eating the tops off of 3 cupcakes! Only on her birthday would she get away with that one! We had such a fun day! Thank you to everyone who came and made it so special!



0 comments: