June 18, 2008

First Haircut

Yes, that's right. She's 2 years, 2 months, and 9 days old and I finally took some scissors to her lovely locks. I've been wanting to trim her actual baby hair -- as in the hair she was born with that survived the first shedding and remained as a mohawk -- for weeks now. So, tonight, after her bath I was combing her very long, very tangly, and very unhealthy hair and telling her that we should cut it. She replied, "I need to cut my hair. You cut my hair, Mommy. You make a haircut for me." YOU GOT IT! So, I quickly plopped her in the chair before she could change her mind. I gave her a mirror to watch the action, but she mostly used it to keep track of what Daisy was doing. She really was a champ and sat still the entire time. Here are the shots of the original mohawk, the before and afters, and the pile of hair . . . which I saved, of course. Why was this so difficult for me to do? Now that it's done, she loves it, I love it, her daddy loves it, and most of all those yucky ratty ends won't be such a bother to comb!

The Mohawk (5 Months Old)

Before
After


Squinting at the flash


Sniffle

3 comments:

rosemarie said...

Too, too cute!

Debora said...

Awww...bittersweet moment for Mommy. Cute girl! I love her curls. :)

Leslie and Nicole said...

I love it!!