July 16, 2008

The Enemy Within

Every morning this guy and 17,391 of his closest friends are in my kitchen waiting to greet me when I come downstairs. It is a most unpleasant way to begin the day. Vinegar seems to kill them, but not deter them. Any inexpensive non-poisonous ideas for keeping these jerks out of the house? I have ant spray, but I don't want to spray it where we eat and where Jillian and Daisy can come into contact with it. There's got to be some really great "Hint from Heloise" that could solve my problem. Help!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Cinnamon or Cloves- you can use the ground ones from your spice cabinet, or, for a less messy approach, use essential oil. Put it where they are coming in (I also put it on my window sills and doorways ever few months)- they won't cross it! And, your house will smell like Christmas!

rosemarie said...

yeah! what Sarah said!