October 20, 2008

Mr. Crumpley's Barber Shop

Daddy's barber's name is Skip Crumpley. Jillian has watched him give Daddy a haircut several times. Mr. Crumpley is tall and wears glasses. He does not, however, use a pink comb or have the football game on the TV for his customers. These are definitely upgrades in Jillian's shop . . . along with the dollies and baby bassinet and sit and spin!
Yesterday afternoon, Jillian arrived at my side while I was checking email and said, "Mommy, Mommy, I need your glasses, puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!" So, I let her borrow my reading glasses and the next thing I knew she was heading out to the living room with her step-up. She had been contentedly playing dress-up and pretending all sorts of scenarios all afternoon, so I wasn't entirely sure what she had in mind until I saw this scene:
She has decided lately that she does not want her picture taken, which is a real bummer for a kid living in this house. So, I had to be sly. Sadly, just when I had her really telling me all about what Mr. Crumpley does, she realized I had the camera rolling and gave me a tongue lashing.

1 comments:

Debora said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! What a crack-up!