January 20, 2009

My Leetle Arteest

Today at school, Jillian was instructed to make an Eskimo made from a coffee filter and some pre-cut construction paper pieces. I sat with her and directed her glue placement and she put the pieces onto the background paper. Then, I handed her the black crayon and told her, "Now it's time to make a face." She proceeded to narrate as she drew, "Eye, Eye, nose, mouth, and circles on the tummy." Maybe it's just because I'm her mommy, but I am impressed. She is only 2 and a half after all!

Then later in the evening, I was making dinner and my little braided hippy wandered in to serenade us with her unplugged version of Twinkle Twinkle. Of course, as soon as I tried to get a video of it she became the hiding guitarist!

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Elvis has left the building!