May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I was so excited to finally find out what this secret was that Jillian had been painfully keeping for almost 2 weeks. Apparently, Daddy had a gift idea that she quickly vetoed in favor of her own idea: "Mommy needs a purple teddy bear." So, Daddy dutifully set out to find a "purple teddy bear" for me. He ended up ordering this very adorable set. He tells me that the woman on the phone had a good laugh . . . she had never filled an order for a "Mother Bear" using the "Purple Passion Bear" as the body. I especially love my little bear cubs in their matching jumpers! Thank you, Jillian & Daddy! (By the way, he went ahead with his first gift idea: an original Stephen Smith seascape which I love and plan to hang above the mantle. If you're interested in your own, check it out: Earth & Sky Studio.)


In the evening, we headed over to Joshua & Whitney's for a delicious dinner. There were little cards on the table with quotes about the mothers who were there. Mine says, "My favorite thing about Mommy is her hugs! ~Jillian." After we ate, Jillian somehow talked Auntie Whitney into putting on her wedding dress and then roped Uncle Joshua into recreating this scene from Cinderella. They're such good sports! Thanks for a fun time!


Happy Mother's Day to our Moms, Nana, Bubbie, Grandma, & GGma!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Race Fam said...

I can't believe that is Joshua! How did he get so old? What a nice husband to get both gifts for you! I see you only have 21 days to go on your baby ticker! I hope everything goes well and fast for you!