November 9, 2008

King Triton Saves the Day!

Jillian loves to watch The Little Mermaid at Grandpa and Bubbie's house. She also very much enjoys role-playing the characters with her daddy, "King Triton." Often, she will call him "Daddy King Triton" all in one breath even when they are not playing Little Mermaid -- just sort of in passing. Many times while riding in the car or sitting at the dinner table she will randomly shout, "KING TRITON SAVES THE DAY!" followed with a swooning glance at her daddy.

Lately, I have been having these same swoony feelings toward our King Triton. The last few weekends he has completely taken over laundry duties! I have been so sick with this pregnancy and he has stepped up in every way. He's been doing the dishes, changing more diapers, and letting me lay in bed on Saturday mornings. I'll have to agree, KING TRITON SAVES THE DAY!
Other cool things about our King Triton . . .

He's always good for a shoulder ride if Ariel's legs get tired.

He'll hang out on the beach and listen to Ariel making sand castles for hours even though he hates the beach, the ocean, camping, and sharks.

He's pretty good looking, too. Ok, Ariel didn't say that. I did.
Thanks, King Triton. We love you.

1 comments:

Debora said...

That is great! Go, King Triton!