A couple of weeks ago, there were some fuyu persimmons in our box.
I wasn't totally sure what to do with them. So, I googled for recipes. This very simple recipe came from cooks.com. This morning, I noticed that the persimmons were ripe, so I made the bread. It is very yummy . . . especially with a little bit of butter spread on top! (I think I might add raisins when more of them become ripe and I make more bread.)
Persimmon Bread
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp each of salt, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon
Mix together, then add:
1 beaten egg and 1 cup of persimmon pulp
Pour into well greased bread pan and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.

1 comments:
I will have to try and make that it looks, so good! Oh and by the way congratulations! You're having a baby how fun!
Post a Comment